Let’s be honest. Spectrum has great service. You can have a professional come over to install the services for you. The technician will plug in all the boxes, wires, and help you understand how the product works. However, this service will cost you a one-time charge of $49.99. Many people find this charge logical because of the convenience and service they are getting. Conversely, others might find it difficult to pay. Charter Spectrum understands this concern. Therefore, they give customers a self-installation option. This way customers get a self-installation kit either through mail or store pick-up but they have to plug in the boxes and set-up everything themselves. The self-installation option costs $9.99. This offer is for Spectrum internet, Spectrum cable, and Spectrum voice services.
How to program a new spectrum remote?
The easiest way of programming your new Spectrum remote is through the Spectrum Guide. It will automatically detect the brand of your TV. After detection, it will simply walk you through the steps to program your Spectrum remote.
Spectrum Remote Guide
If this does not work somehow, then you can set it up yourself.
Spectrum Remote setup through Auto-Search
Follow these simple steps to set up your Spectrum remote control through auto search:
- First of all, turn on the TV that you want to program.
- Now, find the MENU and OK button on your Spectrum remote. You need to press and hold them simultaneously until the INPUT button blinks twice.
- Just Press TV POWER and you will notice that the input button will light up solid.
- Aim your Spectrum remote at your TV.
- Find the UP arrow.
- Press and hold the UP arrow.
- Release the UP arrow once the device has been turned off. In the end, your remote should store the code.
Spectrum Remote setup for the most popular brands
We all have different kinds of TVs in our homes; however, Smart TVs have started to become a trend of the present day. No matter where you live, there are some popular companies commonly employed in our house. This is how you can setup Spectrum remote on these popular brands:
- Simply turn on the TV you want to program for the Spectrum remote.
- Find the MENU and OK keys on the remote.
- Press and hold MENU and OK keys simultaneously. You will notice the INPUT key blinking twice.
- Now, locate the TV POWER key. Press and release it once.
- You have to look for the digit key corresponding to your TV brand. Find your TV brand from the list below. Note the digits relating to your TV’s brand and finally hold down the right digit key:
- When your TV turns off, you can release the digit key.
Remote Setup Codes
Following are the remote setup codes for all the popular brands:
You can also set up Spectrum’s TV remote through the above-mentioned Setup codes. Just find the TV brand from the above-listed codes and follow these simple instructions.
- Turn on the TV you want to program
- Find the MENU and OK keys on the remote. Press and hold these keys simultaneously. You will notice the INPUT key blinking twice.
- Just enter the first code of your brand listed above. The INPUT key blinks twice to give confirmation.
- Test the remote control. Try checking the volume and power functions. If the remote is responding as expected, your setup is complete.
- In case, the keys are not working, the setup is incomplete. Repeat the steps from 2 to 4 by using the second input code listed for your TV brand.
Pairing through Radio Frequency
There are so many ways to pair your Spectrum remote to the receiver. If the above-mentioned steps sound complicated, you can pair it through radio frequency. This step allows you to use your remote even when the receiver is out of sight. Follow the steps to pair your receiver and remote through radio frequency:
- Locate the MENU button on your controller. Press the MENU button.
- After the window pops up on your TV, select SETTINGS & SUPPORT from the left menu.
- Select SUPPORT from this menu.
- Click on REMOTE CONTROL from the tiles that appear.
- Select RF PAIR NEW REMOTE from these tiles.
- Follow the instructions on-screen.
Where is the setup button on Spectrum remote?
You can click on the OPTIONS button to access the setup.
How to program new Spectrum remote?
Follow the instructions in the article to program your Spectrum remote.
How to use Spectrum remote for TV?
Follow the Spectrum remote instructional manual to understand its use.
How to use Spectrum remote to turn on TV?
Use the POWER button to turn on the TV.
How to use Spectrum remote as universal remote?
Only Universal CLIKR-5 can be used to control your TV, Blu-Ray player, media, and audio devices.
How to use Spectrum remote for DVR?
Use the REC button to record your favorite shows and click the DVR button to view all the listings.
How to use Spectrum remote with Samsung Smart TV?
Use the remote setup codes for Samsung TVs to program your Spectrum remote with TV.