People move out of places all the time. This move is often due to various reasons including lease expiry, increase in rent, or just to experience a new environment. Not to forget, work and employment purposes also become a major reason behind someone’s decision to move houses.
As per Shyft, a platform for movers, 9.8 percent of America’s population moves annually, while 8.93 million people in America
But we all agree that moving can be a real hassle because of the number of things that constantly need to be relocated from one house to another. Thankfully, some companies offer professional services for movers to relocate their physical stuff, but what about intangible services like the internet?
Luckily there is a solution for that, as well. Many internet service-providing companies in America allow users to transfer their services from one home to another. But for that to happen, you need to make sure that your service provider is offering services in that area where you are moving to.
This is why customers are recommended to go with notable service providers that have their service areas in multiple states so that the transfer process can carry out smoothly. and caters to millions of customers all over the country.
Another thing about Cox is that it enables you to transfer your existing services to your new address without the need to terminate your term commitment and without paying any early termination charges. Below are the steps on how to transfer Cox service to your new place.
Moving Cox Services
It is quite easy to move Cox services. Users can simply call Cox customer service at 1-855-814-6044 and request a transfer or they can also do this online by following these steps.
- Go to com from a secure web browser.
- Sign in to your account by clicking on “Sign In My Account” and enter your User ID and Password.
- Once you’re signed in, navigate to the Account header and click on “Move my Service.”
- The New Address dialogue box will appear.
- Enter the new address to which you are moving and click on “Check Availability.”
- This will check if Cox is serviceable at your new address.
- If the dialogue box says that Cox services are available, click on “Continue to Review Plan.” You can also make changes to your plan at this step.
- If the message displays that services are not available at your new address, then unfortunately you can’t move the services.
- Another message can appear that tells you that services might be available but can’t be confirmed online. In this case, you can contact Cox customer service or dial this number 1-855-814-6044 to confirm availability.
- Once this process is completed, users can take their old equipment and just set it up at their new place on their own or by taking the help of a professional. Alternatively, Cox can also send new equipment (if required) and provide technical assistance regarding installation. There’s an Easy Connect option as well. If you’re eligible for it, then you won’t have to move equipment at all.
Cox has made it quite easy for customers to transfer their services. However, the only thing users need to confirm is whether the address that they are moving to has Cox available or not. For that reason, you can use platforms like localcabledeals.com to check availability at your new address or can also click here to confirm availability. These are the steps needed to move the service. Hopefully, this blog would have fully answered your question regarding how to transfer Cox service to a new address. For any further questions, Cox customer service is always available to assist you.