Xfinity Internet Plans
Enjoy the best of internet services with Xfinity internet plans
- Get download speed up to 1.2 Gbps
- Get Premium content without paying anything extra
- Enjoy access Xumo
*For 12 months with 1-year term contract. Taxes and equipment not included. Includes $10/mo automatic payments and paperless billing discount.Call Now
There are times when buying equipment from the company isn’t a suitable option. It might be the cost, compatibility with the existing network, or any other reason. That is why you need to check what equipment your provider has approved. If you’re looking for Xfinity cable modems, then we’ve got you covered with insights into the approved third-party equipment for Xfinity
This blog will cover which third-party equipment Xfinity approves and is compatible with its services. In addition, we’ll list some models for Xfinity cable modems and third-party modems you can get from the market that are also compatible. So, let’s get started:
How to Find Out Xfinity Approved and Compatible Equipment?
The first thing you need to do is to get equipped with ways to find out which third-party equipment is approved and compatible with Xfinity services. Here are some ways that you can do it:
- Use the ‘My Device Info’ website to check if Xfinity approves the modem you’re buying. It’ll make your purchase worthwhile and aligned with Xfinity-compatible modems.
- The ‘My Device Info’ checks through the database to find approval and compatibility. It even shows whether your current Xfinity Wi-Fi plan supports your equipment or not (in terms of speed).
- Once checked, you can simply visit the website for Xfinity internet plans to get a better idea of the available plans and get one for yourself.
In this way, you’ll be able to find if the third-party cable modem you’re getting for your Xfinity plan is approved and compatible or not.
How to use Xfinity My Device Info?
We mentioned earlier that you can use the My Device Info website for checking the compatibility of third-party equipment with Xfinity. Here’s how you can do it:
- Sign in to the website with your Xfinity ID provided. For non-Xfinity customers, use your ZIP Code and select Download Speed, which will lead to a list of available equipment that you can choose from.
- After finding the relevant retail brand/ model click on it. The list already provides the names of devices/ brands/ models that are supported by Comcast Xfinity. If the device you’re looking for isn’t on the list, then it might not be supported by Xfinity.
- After selecting the desired equipment, click on ‘View Details’. This will give you various options that you can filter through when evaluating the equipment. It includes:
- Download speed
- Unsupported devices
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- If the product is compatible, you’ll find see a message under the product with specific details about it
In this manner, you should be able to find a third-party Xfinity cable modem to get. In any case, you can contact support to know more about Xfinity-approved modems or check out our guide on Xfinity modems.
Xfinity Approved Modems
With the abovementioned process, you should be able to find a third-party cable modem for Xfinity easily. However, here’s a list of Comcast Xfinity-approved modems that you can check out right away:
- Motorola MB8611
- Netgear CM2050V
- Motorola MB7420
- Netgear Nighthawk CAX80
You can also check these on My Device Info for further details about them or contact Xfinity customer service for further compatibility information.
With this, you now know how to find approved third-party Xfinity cable modems and equipment. It’s time to set up your network; check out Xfinity Wi-Fi internet deals to get started on an internet plan or contact Xfinity support to get further details about the available plans.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Bring My Own Equipment To Comcast?
Yes, you can bring your equipment to Comcast. Just make sure it’s approved and compatible with Xfinity services to save yourself from any hassles later.
What Are My Responsibilities When Buying And Using My Own Equipment With Xfinity Service?
You need to make sure that the device is approved and compatible with Comcast Xfinity services. Otherwise, it won’t work/ operate properly and would ruin the entire service experience. As an Xfinity customer, you should always use equipment provided by Xfinity since it’s compatible, updated, and works to provide the best service experience.
How Do I Check If My Xfinity Modem Isn't Supported?
You can check your third-party equipment via the ‘My Device Info’ website using your Xfinity account to log in. It enlists all Xfinity-approved third-party equipment. You can find yours and see if it’s supported by Xfinity or not.