HughesNet® brings the Perfect Satellite Internet Plan for You
HughesNet Plans at a steal price of
- America’s best satellite internet
- Up to 25 Mbps Download and 3 Mbps Upload Speeds
- Up to 50 GB flexible data plans
- Available in 33,131 zip codes across America
- Exclusive Guest Wi-Fi feature
*Actual speeds may vary. Per month pricing and taxes valid for the length of the contract subject to revision at the provider’s discretion. Additional fees and conditions apply. Requires a 24-month contract.
Keeping yourself secure while connected to the internet has become a paramount concern for many. And an open Wi-Fi or the one with the default password is more prone to danger than other networks.
The one biggest threat is that your personal information and any devices connected to such a network are not safe. Anyone who is connected to the network can steal your information.
Secondly, if your internet speed has reduced significantly compared to any previous period, that can possibly mean that someone else is accessing your internet without you knowing and consuming all your data.
To avoid such issues and keep yourself secure, experts recommend changing your Wi-Fi password every 90 days. Doing so will disconnect unauthorized users, and you will be able to connect the devices you want by entering the new password.
Call Now 1-844-769-9984
Changing HughesNet Wi-Fi Password
If you are a HughesNet customer, changing your default password is very simple for you. HughesNet Gen5 offers a system control center for its customers to access details such as the remaining data in the account, system status, and the option for configuration and changing the Wi-Fi settings.
To access the system control center and make the changes, follow these simple steps.
- Connect your device to the router using the Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi.
- Open www.systemcontrolcenter.com in your web browser. As an alternative, you can also type "192.168.0.1". It will also allow you to access the router.
- The router will ask for the username and password that are available on the backside of your router. Enter the information and login.
- You will see a menu bar on the left side of the screen with multiple options, including "Wi-Fi settings." Click on that.
- The system will ask you to enter an administrative password. By default, this password is "admin."
- Once you are logged in, the Wi-Fi configuration panel will be in front of you.
- Locate the "Password" field that is showing your current Wi-Fi password.
- Clear the current password and type a new one that you want to choose.
- Save these settings and exit the system control center.
Your HughesNet Wi-Fi password will change. In case you face any problems during the process, you can also contact HughesNet customer service and get help.
Tips for Creating a Strong Password
Creating a strong password is more important than changing it every 3 months. Although both of these are ignored by many, your network security depends upon it.
If you don't know how to do that, follow these steps and get an idea about how you can do so.
- Keep your password memorable yet not very easy to be guessed by anyone.
- Don't use personal information such as name, phone number, date of birth, or numbers like 12345678, 654321. These are usually the first few guesses that anyone makes while trying to access your network.
- Use a combination of numbers, upper and lower case alphabets, and special characters.
- Keep your password at least 10-12 characters long, even if the minimum requirement is 8 characters.
- Don't reuse a previous password or a password that is already in use for some other account or device.
How Can I Change My HughesNet Wi-Fi Name?
Changing your network's name is another step you should take. This will make it secure and hide it from prying eyes. Moreover, it is an opportunity for you to make your neighbors smile by choosing a funny name.
To change the name, follow the same steps as changing the HughesNet Wi-Fi password but instead of the password field, edit the SSID field. Besides that, if you would like to hide your Wi-Fi, simply turn off SSID broadcasting, and you will be good to go.
Finding Your Current HughesNet Wi-Fi password
If you want to connect your devices to the Wi-Fi but find yourself struggling to find the Wi-Fi password, have a look at the backside of your router. Your default Wi-Fi password would be imprinted there.
In case you have changed your password previously but now don't remember it;
- Log in to the system control center using the process explained above.
- Open the Wi-Fi settings and locate the password field.
- Your current password would be written there.
- Change it if you want or exit the control center to leave things as they are.
Check Out Our Internet Plans
|Internet Data Plans||Features||Pricing|
|10 GB||$59.99/mo*||Call to Order|
|20 GB||$69.99/mo*||Call to Order|
|30 GB||$99.99/mo*||Call to Order|
|50 GB||$149.99/mo*||Call to Order|
If you are concerned about protecting yourself from cyber-attacks and keeping your information and devices safe, keep changing your password every 3 months and always use a strong combination.
It merely takes 2-3 minutes but makes your network secure. If you need any assistance, it would be better to call HughesNet at 1-855-771-2154 or visit the HughesNet customer service page for assistance.
Call Now 1-844-769-9984