What is better than spending your leisure time watching your favorite programs on TV? This experience gets even better when you’re using the services of the best entertainment providers, i.e. Mediacom.
As one of the top providers in the United States, Mediacom has services in 22 states. With this ISP, you can enjoy ultra-fast internet speeds of up to 1000 Mbps†. In addition to HD streaming and online gaming, these speeds are ideal for all your household routine activities such as streaming your favorite movies and TV Shows.
However, if you do not wish to use the Mediacom internet to watch your favorite shows and movies, you can opt for Mediacom’s cable service as well, which would give you access to all your favorite channels. Moreover, to access the magical world of entertainment, simply connect your Mediacom remote to your TV.
With Mediacom, you will get a special box that includes a remote to enhance your cable experience. It could be confusing to set up Mediacom remote and pair it to your TV, especially when you’re setting it up for the first time. Keep reading to find out how to pair Mediacom remote to TV.
How to Pair Mediacom Remote to TV
Mediacom remote comes with such amazing features that you’ll love using it. The user interface of this remote is so interactive that you’ll find no difficulty in scrolling through the shows. Other than this, you can also directly access the Video on Demand and Pay per View services.
When a TV remote has such a variety of features, it could get confusing and become more of a hassle. Lucky for you, you have stumbled at the right place as we are about to tell you how to pair Mediacom remote to TV.
Follow these simple steps to pair the remote and you’ll be set.
- On your TiVo central, press Settings and Messages. It will open a pop-up menu.
- On this menu, press Remote, Cable Card, and Devices.
- Now, press the Remote Control Setup option, it will open a menu.
- On this menu, press Remote Control Pairing.
- Make sure that while pairing the remote, stay within 3 feet radius of the TV.
- After this, press any button on the remote to prompt the pairing on the TiVo box.
- You need to keep looking at the top of your remote as the yellow light will appear. After this, you’ll notice that the yellow light blinks 5 times.
- Once the remote is paired, the activity light only appears when the button is pressed.
What to do if Red Light comes on the Remote?
There is a chance that while you’ll be pairing your Mediacom remote to the TV, instead of yellow, red light might blink. This happens when your remote is not completely but partially paired. But there is no need to worry, there is a way out.
- If the red light comes on, all you have to do is press the BACK button and TiVo button together at the same time.
- This will make the light solid red.
- When this happens, release the buttons together.
- This will make the solid red light turn yellow slowly.
- After this, the yellow light will flash five times and you’ll know that the remote is paired completely.
A few simple steps on how to pair Mediacom remote to a TV are given to you. Once you get through with it, unlimited entertainment awaits you. If you still find it difficult to pair the remote, contact Mediacom customer support at 1-833-758-2062.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I reset my Mediacom remote control?
To reset, press the TiVo and Pause buttons together. When the red light comes on, press the 0 button. This will reset the remote.
2. How do I pay my Mediacom bill?
You can pay your Mediacom bill through online payment, phone payment, mail payment, store payment, or through the MediacomConnect Mobile Care app. For more information, call 1-833-758-2062.