Enjoy the best of internet services with Kinetic Windstream internet
- Kinetic Internet Speed up to 500 Mbps
- Enjoy unlimited internet
- No contracts/ no data caps
- Enhanced security with Kinetic Secure by Windstream
Prices starting at
for 12 months.Call Now
You should opt for a professional installation when it comes to installing your internet connection. It does the job well, and you’re left free of any hassles that come in between. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t DIY your connection.
If you plan on acquiring Windstream internet, then this Windstream self-installation guide will help you install it without any issues. Simply follow the steps mentioned in this guide, and you’ll be able to self-install your Windstream router easily. So, let’s check these steps out:
How to Self-Install Windstream Internet?
Upon acquiring the Windstream internet connection, you’ll be provided with the basic equipment that you’ll use for self-installation. The equipment box will comprise things, including a Windstream router, power cords, cables, DSL filters, etc.
Pick the Right Location
Once you’ve done with the inspection, picking the right location for placing your Wi-Fi router is important. Not only an ideal location will help with proper coverage, but you’ll also have strengthened signals, covering the entire place.
Setting Up Your Windstream Wi-Fi Router
Next, you need to set up your Windstream router. Follow the steps below to get it done:
- Connect the cords provided with the modem.
- Connect the DSL filter to minimize signal interference (you can skip this step if you don’t have a home phone).
- Connect Ethernet, phone line, and power cords in their respective ports.
- Once you’re done, power up your Windstream modem and watch its lights. The lights should turn solid green. Once this does, it’s time to activate your Windstream connection.
Activating Your Windstream Router
Now that you’ve turned on your Windstream internet router, it’s time to activate it. Follow the steps below to self-activate your internet:
- Open a web browser on the device connected to the Windstream router. It’ll redirect you to the activation page. You can also use the IP address given on the rear of the modem (or its box) to open the activation page.
- Accept the terms of service and proceed.
- You’ll be asked to provide the information received with the equipment for the connection.
- Proceed forward, and the process should be completed by now. You’ll be asked to input your SSID and Wi-Fi key for your Wi-Fi router.
- Once done, you need to run the internet on your devices using the SSID and the key that you set in the setup earlier.
In addition to this, you can also contact Windstream customer support to help you activate the device in case you aren’t able to do so.
Setting up your Windstream internet at home is easy. We just highlighted some important steps above that you can follow to install and activate your Windstream Wi-Fi at home. In any case, just contact Windstream customer service to get further assistance or help with any queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Get To the Setup Page of Windstream Router?
You can get to the setup page of your Windstream router by accessing the internet address mentioned on the rear of the modem or the box provided to you. You can simply open your web browser connected to the Windstream internet connection, and it’ll redirect you to the activation page on its own.
How To Setup Port Forwarding On Windstream Router?
Follow the steps below to activate port forwarding on the Windstream router:
- Access your Windstream router via the IP address given at the rear of the gateway.
- Next, input admin credentials and enter the router setup.
- Head to the ‘Device Info’ and then to ‘DHCP’.
- You’ll find your device’s MAC Address and IP address. Note it down/ copy it somewhere since you’ll be using it later.
- Next, head to ‘Advanced Setup’ and then ‘Upnp’. Here, you’ll see a check box for disabling UPnP. Check it so that Upnp can be enabled.
- Now, head to NAT virtual servers and find the ‘Custom Service’ option.
- Name it according to your use and assign the IP address that you noted earlier.
- Select a protocol for it. Type in 3074 in the ‘External Port Start’. The External Port End, and Internal Port Start/ End will be filled automatically.
- Click on ‘Apply/ Save’ to save the settings.