There is a simple rule in the world of technology and innovation. If you do not adapt to modern trends and innovate with technology, someone will and take your spot. We have seen countless examples of how a company failed to realize the need for innovation and resorting to modern trends and went on a downhill slope. This is true for every sector of technology.
Today, cord-cutting is gaining momentum as more and more people are getting rid of traditional cable. The reasons are simple. The traditional cable is running on the same old entertainment method and there is nothing new. You have an extensive list of channels and you cannot customize them. Streaming services, on the other hand, offer convenience, the ability to customize, and most importantly affordability as compared to all the outdated cable TV providers. Therefore, more and more people are switching to cable.
However, many cable TV providers are conforming to these modern trends and giving customers what they want. It is fair to say, they have been successful. Charter Spectrum is a household name in the United States that has adapted the modern trends. Spectrum offers a state-of-the-art cable box commonly known as Spectrum receiver, advanced DVR functionality, free on-demand, and contract-free plans for your home and business.
Charter Spectrum® Overview
Spectrum is the third-largest cable service provider in the United States according to area coverage. The service spans across more than 41 states nationwide making it the first-choice solution for high-speed internet, HD TV, and digital phone. In 2016, Charter Communications merged with Bright House Network and Time Warner Cable and formed Charter Spectrum®. Ever since its inception, Spectrum has made a great name in the broadband industry because of its excellent service and affordability.
Spectrum internet or Spectrum Cable plans are without any contract. On subscription, you get a 30-day money-back guarantee. Spectrum also offers contract buyout. If you are stuck with a provider in a contract, Spectrum will buy out the contract amounting to $500. Provided that you have to sign-up for Spectrum Double Play or Triple Play package.
Spectrum Cable Overview
As we discussed earlier, Spectrum Cable is far ahead of any traditional TV provider. The plans are tailored with perfection to meet the requirements of an average American household. There are tons of add-ons and exciting features that you would not find elsewhere.
On top of that, the promise of excellent Spectrum customer service will stay true to you no matter what.
There are three distinct plans for cable TV. Spectrum Select is a baseline plan that has well over 120 channels and free on-demand. Spectrum Silver is the next in line with over 175 channels, some premium channels, and free on-demand. Spectrum Gold is the most high-end plan with 200 channels, free on-demand, and all the popular Premium channels including the ones with the Spectrum silver plan.
With the Spectrum TV app, you can watch live TV directly from your smartphones, laptop, tablets, and smart TVs. However, the most exciting feature is the Spectrum receiver.
Spectrum Cable Box Features
Spectrum TV Receiver looks like a traditional TV box but doesn’t underestimate it just by looking at the design. Its state-of-the-art technology and performs better than any other receiver in the market. There are many exciting features. Today, we will discuss some of them:
Spectrum receiver has a sleek design and it blends in perfectly with the ambiance of your room or living area. The design is purposely minimalistic and does not occupy much space. You can keep it locked in a cabinet or put it right next to your Smart TV. It will blend perfectly.
Although many providers charge you a hefty amount every month and high-definition TV is presented as an add-on. However, this is not the case with Spectrum. No matter what plan you get, high-definition is free of charge. There are no additional charges even with the Spectrum Select plan.
The spectrum cable box has arguably the best user-interface. With the help of Spectrum Guide, you can navigate through different channels and this user-friendly experience makes finding a channel easy, fun, and interesting.
Extensive On-demand library
All Spectrum receivers have a preinstalled on-demand library to stream movies and TV shows whenever you like. Even if you have a single cable box, you can still stream Spectrum’s on-demand on all other devices at your home. It has a lot to offer! You can watch all those trending movies, shows on TBS or NBC, live sports events, and popular TV shows. You will have something new to watch every single day.
Spectrum has an exceptional DVR service. A Spectrum receiver costs $7.99 a month. This is a standard box. It does not include DVR service. If you want to activate the DVR service, you can do that for just $4.99 per month on one HD box. If you have multiple boxes, you can pay a flat $9.99 per month allowing you to enjoy DVR on two or more HD receivers.
How to connect Spectrum receiver box?
Spectrum offers two options upon subscription. You can sign-up for the Professional installation. It will incur a one-time charge that needs to be paid with the first bill. You can also opt for self-installation and do everything by yourself. The package containing the equipment will be delivered through the mail and you can pick it up the same day of the order.
Here are the simple steps you can take to set up the Spectrum receiver box:
- The first step requires you to connect your Spectrum cable box to the cable outlet. Turn off your TV and plug the coaxial cable from the cable outlet in the “Cable In” port at the back of the receiver.
- The Spectrum TV receiver comes with an HDMI. Locate it in the kit. Now, simply connect from the receiver to the TV.
- Connect the power cord with the “Power Input” at the back of your receiver.
- Plug the receiver into an electrical outlet using the power cord.
- Wait for 10 minutes. This is a crucial step. Right after everything is connected, the cable box will download the latest update automatically. This takes more than 10 minutes. Once these updates are completed, you will be notified on the screen.
- Once the receiver is activated, use the TV remote to turn back on the TV.
- Tune to the HDMI input.
- Then finally press “Power” on your Spectrum receiver.
How to activate Spectrum Receiver?
There are two different ways of activating your Spectrum receiver. The first process is through the Spectrum application that you can get from Apple or Play Store. The second method is via Spectrum automated phone system.
- Download the Spectrum app on your smartphone.
- For new customers, you have to create an account. The process is quite simple and the application will guide you thoroughly.
- Once everything is set, sign-in.
- Select Troubleshooting.
- Click on Activate New Equipment and it will guide you automatically.
Automated Phone System
- Dial 8773095869 (For TWC). Call customer service if you have a different footprint.
- Once you dial the number, it will prompt you to enter the phone number associated with your Spectrum account.
- Say “Activate” and it will automatically activate your Spectrum receiver.
- Once the activation is done, you will find Spectrum receiver in “Limited Mode.”
- The startup will take a few minutes after it.
With contract-free service, high-definition TV reception, extensive on-demand library, and advanced DVR functionality, Spectrum receiver brings the best out of your cable experience.