CenturyLink Internet + Home Phone
- Download Speed Up To 100 Mbps
- Unlimited Nationwide Calling With More Than 10 Features
- No data cap
- No Contract
Bundle priced at:
with No Term AgreementOrder Now
Internet outages have unfortunately become uncommon now. We cannot overlook the fact of the increase in the demand for high connectivity since the world has gone online after the pandemic that hit us back in 2020. Although we are aware that CenturyLink is one of the top telecommunication services providers throughout the United States with its expansive infrastructure, even then it is not far from an outage. Nevertheless, you know you can always rely on CenturyLink customer service to provide you with real-time help and assistance when you need one.
Since CenturyLink is available across 37 states in the United States and retains its position as the top services provider, it is high time that we prepare you for an instance of a massive CenturyLink outage as well. If anything that we have learned from the recent pandemic is the lack of our preparedness, but not anymore. So why wait anymore? Let’s get into this guide and find out what causes these services outages and as a CenturyLink user, how you can be prepared and go about it.
Buy CenturyLink Internet Now: 1-866-987-0357
How To Detect A CenturyLink Outage?
Your systems might be down, but it is not for sure if it is a massive CenturyLink outage? Let us guide you on how to find out. It is simple.
- Area Outage: If an outage is identified, the troubleshooter will display a notification that says 'Known Outage Found.' You'll get the most up-to-date information as well as an estimate for when the problem will be fixed. From this page, you can also request to be notified when the issue is resolved. There's no need to call and report a problem; rest assured that the team is working hard to get service back up and running.
- Home Outage: If you are the only one who has been affected by a power outage. In this case, the troubleshooter will scan your lines for any issues and provide you with a repair ticket without having to call CenturyLink.
- No Outage: If the CenturyLink troubleshooter is unable to discover an outage or a known problem with your line, it will present you with a choice of options for getting more help with common issues. To figure out what's wrong, go to Phone Issues or Internet Issues and follow the instructions. From there, you can file a repair request or speak with a customer support representative.
Causes For Outages
Several reasons cause an outage at a massive level. The most common ones are;
- Lack Of Maintenance: We understand, this one should not be forgiven. When the infrastructures are expanded, they require more maintenance than ever. Poor equipment maintenance is one of the most common causes of network downtime. When equipment is not properly maintained, problems and outages might arise. Most of the time, there are indications that something is wrong with your equipment.
- Lack Of Backups: A smart technique for preventing network downtime is to have a reliable backup mechanism in place at all times. If something goes wrong, the provider can immediately switch to the backup network. This will cut down on downtime because the necessary replacements will already be on hand and ready to go. Unfortunately, many providers do not think strategically about this which ends up causing big trouble not only for them but also for the users.
- Natural Occurrences: This cannot be considered the providers’ fault. But in case of extreme weather and such conditions, outages occur widely for no fault of their own. Nevertheless, the companies must always be prepared to have the impacts fixed and it is their preparedness that matters in the end.
CenturyLink Outage Impact
The last massive CenturyLink outage was witnessed in October 2020. Undoubtedly CenturyLink is a significant telecommunications business, therefore when it had a major outage then, it impacted internet users throughout the United States. According to the internet business Cloudflare, the issue, which was fixed, caused a 3.5 percent drop in global internet traffic.
Individual customers as well as internet-based services like Hulu, Xbox Live, Chase, Discord, and Amazon were all affected by the enormous outage. It shows the impact that a single, yet the top services provider’s outage had.
Why Choose CenturyLink?
CenturyLink services; whether it is the phone, internet, or DishTV, are of the best value options because of the contract-free memberships, and reasonable costs, and its worth-mentioning fast DSL and fiber internet options that come with no data caps.
If you want to save money, CenturyLink packages are the way to go. You can bundle phone and internet, especially if you need a phone line. The cost of service varies depending on its location and the type of service provided (fiber or DSL).
CenturyLink's Safeguard Wi-Fi service, which protects against cyber threats and claims to help secure devices on your network from both dangerous websites and possible hackers, is included with your DSL modem rental. It also syncs with the My CenturyLink app, offering you simple network management. You can use the app to monitor and manage all of the devices that are connected to your network, as well as check your speeds and set parental restrictions. Hence, CenturyLink knows how to keep up with the changing trends and requirements of the users.
CenturyLink Customer Service
Even if you do unfortunately land in a situation of a massive CenturyLink outage, you do not need to worry as there is a well-reputed CenturyLink customer service ready to assist you. No matter at what hour you might need any help or have an urge to have your query answered, a CenturyLink customer representative will always be there to guide you through. You can get through to the CenturyLink customer service through the following best channels;
- Make A Phone Call
- Live Chatting
- Social Media Support
We hope that there are no such incidents where there is an outage as we are aware of the impacts it can have since everything has gone online today. Nevertheless, if there is such an occurrence and you are a CenturyLink user, you now know what you can do about it and have it sorted and figured for yourself.