When you have subscribed to reliable and fast speed internet plans like Mediacom bundles or packages, you usually do not have to worry about any outage issues. The chances of you confronting any connectivity problem or your Mediacom WiFi not working are rare. But if this happens, do not fret at all. To fix the problem, you first need to identify the problem. Only when you have pinpointed the issue, you can resolve it and restore your internet connection.
Check out the following general problems that might be the cause behind your Mediacom WiFi not working.
- There might be an issue with the Mediacom modem
- Your Mediacom wireless router might not be working properly.
- There might be a Mediacom outage
So first things first. Look into these possible issues to find out the actual problem. Once you know what is disrupting your WiFi connection, it will become very simple to resolve it. Once you’ve figured out the reason behind the Mediacom no internet connection message, let this post guide you through how to fix Mediacom internet.
How to Fix Your Mediacom Modem?
In case you are trying to connect to your wireless network and your Mediacom wireless internet is not working, then you must have already guessed it by now that there is probably something wrong with your Mediacom modem. If you are wondering how to reset Mediacom Xtream modem, you can follow these basic steps:
If the Mediacom internet modem is not working, you first need to check the modem for any indicator messages or LED lights blinking abnormally. If you observe something peculiar, you can reset your Mediacom modem. This might be enough to fix your modem issue. To reset the modem you’ll need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, remove the power cord from the port to disconnect your modem and remove the backup battery if any.
- Now it is time to detach the coaxial cable from the modem.
- Make sure you keep the modem disconnected for at least a minute.
- In the meantime, ensure that all of your phone or Ethernet cables are securely connected to the right ports.
- Now you can attach the coaxial cable and the power cord back into their ports.
- Wait for a minute until the LED lights on the modem turn on again.
- It is now time to check if your internet is running properly again.
- Chances are that rebooting the modem will fix the problem and you will be able to experience seamless WiFi connectivity once again.
However, if you still face the same problem, you can try plugging in the computer directly to the modem with the help of an Ethernet cable.
How to Reset Mediacom WiFi Router?
In case none of your devices are able to access the wireless network, there could be an issue with your Mediacom router. However, connect your computer directly to the modem with an Ethernet cable to check that the internet connection isn’t the culprit. If the router is indeed the problem, try resetting it as shown below.
- If you want to reset Mediacom router, you can do it by removing the power cord from the port.
- Now wait for around a minute and ensure that all the cables are properly connected to their respective ports.
- It is now time to switch on the router and check the wireless connection.
- If your device is still not able to connect to the home network, you should first test if there is genuinely an issue with your WiFi network.
- For that, try connecting any other devices to the network. If the connection is established then there can be something wrong with your device. You can try rebooting it.
- You must also keep the device near the router to avoid experiencing any weak signals that might be the reason for your WiFi disruption.
If you have already tried rebooting the Mediacom router and modem but are unable to restore your Mediacom WiFi connection, then it could be due to some other technical issue. You must contact the Mediacom customer support team for technical assistance and get your problem resolved straight away. You can also get information regarding any outage issue. The highly professional Mediacom customer support team will assist you in the best way possible and assist you until your issue is resolved and your WiFi network starts functioning properly again.
The Bottom Line
Though it is rare for a Mediacom user, if you are ever stuck in the middle of an internet connectivity issue, you should try out the aforementioned guidelines to fix it instantly. If the WiFi network disruption continues, it is about time that you contact a Mediacom customer support agent to get the technical help required to restore your WiFi connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Mediacom WiFi not working?
There might be an issue with your Mediacom modem, wireless router, or a possible outage. You should try rebooting your Mediacom router and modem. If that does not help, call the Mediacom customer support number to get complete assistance.