As the title suggests, in this article, we are going to discuss how to program your Spectrum remote to your TV. So, let’s get started with Spectrum remote encoding for 1060BC2/1060BC3 models. Spectrum 1060BC3 Remote Control is programmed to enable you to control the Spectrum cable box, a Toshiba DVD player, Pioneer audio receiver, and the RCA TV. These models can also be programmed after finding out the FIVE DIGIT CODE that is compatible with the TV set. Press the TV BUTTON on your remote and then hold down the SETUP BUTTON until you see the mode key blink twice. Enter the five-digit code and you will notice the mode key blink twice again. Pointing the remote towards the TV press the POWER or PLAY BUTTON to turn off the TV. If this does not work, try troubleshooting.
If your TV is not responding to the Spectrum remote, you should try making use of these troubleshooting instructions to solve the problem.
i. Try the Auto-Search Process
- First, switch on the TV.
- Press the OK or SEL button along with the TV key on the Spectrum remote at the same time for about three seconds. It will turn on the LED of your TV set for about thirty seconds.
- Then, press CH buttons one after another and do not release till the TV gets switched off. Once completed, the remote would emit the power on and off code indications.
- Next, tap the POWER key to make sure you entered the correct code. If the code on your device is entered correctly that will switch it on again. Then you will be able to check the volume keys on your remote. If these buttons are not functioning you would have to return and replicate step number 2.
- Then, lock your code by pressing the TV key. If that is done correctly the LED device would blink two times to help you recognize.
ii. Go for the Quick Setup Technique
- After switching on the TV, go to the Quick Set-Up Code Table on the manual of your remote and in line with the TV’s brand, hold the YELLOW or BLUE buttons accordingly along with the TV BUTTON.
- Once the LED turns on, aim for the TV set with the remote and type the code that matches the brand of your TV. You can find it in Codes Table for Quick Setup options on the manual of the remote. Now, the TV will switch off. If it doesn’t, type in the number over and over again up until it switches off.
- After the TV is switched off, press the TV key once again to save that code.
iii. Check the Manual Method
In case you are still unable to find the brand of your TV in the code list, then you would be required to first download the manual of your remote so as to program your Spectrum Remote through the Manual Process following the steps shared below:
- After switching on your TV set. Tap the TV key, along with the OK or SEL key on your remote at the same time for about three seconds. Next, the TV screen would light up for about 30 seconds displaying that it’s being programmed.
- If the TV brand has several codes, try by entering each code once until the device turns off. However, you must wait for a second before typing in new code.
- Try turning your TV on and tossing around the Spectrum channels so you can confirm that your Spectrum remote programming was fruitful.
- After that, lock your code by pressing the DEVICE KEY. The LED would then blink twice to indicate that the code is now locked.
In case you are still facing issues, you should visit your nearby Spectrum Service Center to exchange your remote or to ask the Spectrum Team to resolve the problem for you.