More recently, Spectrum Communications has been receiving outage reports from many states regarding several services (internet, cable & voice). A real-time overview of the outage shows it is thick in states on the East coast, not to forget Texas and California. Recently updated statistics indicate 90% of the outage reports pertained to the internet service, 4% were linked with TV while another 4% notified of a total blackout.
The post-star even reported issues with Spectrum services in the news telling residents the Washington County Department of Public Safety had issued an alert for users of Charter Spectrum internet & phone that they may encounter a situation wherein they are not able to reach out to 911 in emergency. The news piece also said the company acknowledges the fact customers are experiencing problems with services, but hasn’t provided with any concrete reason, nor did they float any information about it on their own.
Spectrum internet coverage is quite wide and this outage is therefore causing a significant problem for the affected masses. In order to check the outage in your area, you can adopt either of the following two methods:
From the app:
- Get My Spectrum app on your smartphone.
- Create your user account. In case you already have one, log in using your Spectrum account credentials.
- Select the equipment option.
- Wait while the app establishes a connection with your device.
- A green circle along the checkmark appears against each of your devices if your devices are powered and facing no service outage.
- Yellow circles only appear when the devices cannot be reached through the app.
- And if there is some known outage like Spectrum customers have been facing these days, a message is displayed on the dashboard to inform the users.
- If a message indicating an interruption in service is displayed on the app, you must opt for the “notify me” option in order to receive alerts when services are restored.
Check the outage status online:
- Sign in to your Spectrum online account.
- Choose “check service status” under “Account and billing”
- This check service page will display all your integrated equipment:
- In case of any outage in your area, you’ll find an alert displayed on the top of the page saying: Service disruption is found in your area, and we are working to resolve the issues ASAP.
- No alert is displayed if the connection isn’t facing any trouble and is doing just fine.
General information about service outages:
Spectrum Communications constantly keeps track of weather conditions by seeking assistance of local and online weather services in their coverage areas. Once the monitoring team senses the likelihood of severe weather conditions, they swing their storm preparation plans into action in order to save their residential customers and corporate clients from connection outages.
Preparation for the storm:
The best thing about Spectrum Communications’ services is that they work quite close to the cities and towns so they can take all the necessary precautionary measures beforehand. The skilled Spectrum workforce, inclusive of the monitoring teams, ensure beforehand that lines of communication remain open in the wake of any expected storms and hurricanes. Additionally, in such emergency situations they also place their line crew and aid providers on standby. They establish communication channels with the federal, state and local officials too, in case of an unforeseen emergency, in order to prevent inconvenience to their subscribers.
In case of a hurricane or another unfortunate weather event, there are commercial power outages which certainly have a direct impact on Spectrum cable, internet and voice services. Even if you have power at your home and workplace, such weather conditions can and do cause network damage that certainly hinders any restoration efforts.
In case of emergency:
In case you experience an interruption in Spectrum services, you can also take steps mentioned below:
- Make an outage complaint by calling on Spectrum Customer Service number.
- Stay clear of all the fallen wires, trees etc. and call in the local power company or local government personnel to deal with the situation.
- Disconnect all the automatic electrical devices such as refrigerators, TVs, heaters, etc.
- Do not leave flames in your house unattended.
- Spectrum Communications will send technicians for help once the weather is safe for them to work outdoors. Employee security is also as important for the company as is customers’ convenience.
Spectrum Communications is well-known for their close monitoring of outage issues. You need not worry about the service outage as their maintenance team will reach out to you as soon as conditions become feasible.